Thursday, April 1, 2010

White Chocolate Easter Egg Nest

If you're like me, I'm still trying to figure out what to serve for my Easter dinner. I want the whole experience to be artistic in some way. Unfortunately, I've only figured out what to do for a little sweet treat that really doesn't have to do with the dinner much. No matter what, it will be incorporated in my Easter Feast, and I hope you enjoy it, too.
Here is the White Chocolate Easter Egg Nest.


What you need:
  • Candy eggs ( I used Cadbury Chocolate Eggs)
  • White Chocolate/Almond Bark (I used a Russell Stover chocolate confection--the chocolate is already perfect and melt-able)
  1. Gently melt desired confection in a double boiler to the point where it is spreadable, but not runny.
  2. Use a spatula to put chocolate into a plastic baggie.
  3. Smoosh chocolate into a corner of your baggie, making sure to remove all air bubbles.
  4. Cut a small portion out of the corner of your baggie, and make sure the top is twisted to keep a constant flow of chocolate coming out.
  5. Make circles and half circles in different sizes on the wax paper and let set. I think it turned out better when I had small blobs at the ends of my half circles and where I began my full circles. It allowed dimension in the project.
  6. After chocolate is set, gently peel it off of the wax paper. I did this by lifting the whole wax sheet, and bending it under the chocolate so the paper was peeling off of the chocolate instead of the chocolate off of the paper...clear as mud?
  7. Then artfully stack circles and half circles to create a nest (like what I pictured below), and put candy eggs inside. I would suggest that you construct each nest on the plate you will be serving the nest on. I will put mine on individual plates at each place setting because the way I designed it, it's a finger food and won't stay together solidly. Each ring comes up easily, and you don't get chocolate overload.
Happy Easter!

No comments:

AddThis Suggested Content