Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Super-Duper Secret Lemonade Recipe

Our lemon tree over-produces. We ended up with over 1,000 lemons this year and each of the lemons were the size of small grapefruits. What do you do with so many lemons, you ask? GIVE THEM AWAY! And I tried. But nobody wants that many lemons. I probably gave away about 600 of them before people stopped being interested. A little lemon goes a long way. So what do you do with the rest, you ask again? RECIPES! There are lots of creative ideas for lemon recipes, but I'm still looking for ones that my family will eat. However, they will drink lemonade. I have tried so many lemonade recipes that I could probably come up with my own version, but as my husband so kindly states, a followed recipe is usually better. My kids were selling lemonade over spring break, and most everyone who tried it said it was the best lemonade they had ever tasted. Because of the revenue it was creating, I'd been keeping the recipe a secret, but then I realized that there were really no secret recipes anymore. Plus it wasn't my recipe in the first place. This one comes from Hot Dog on a Stick. I believe the trick is to use real and fresh ingredients.

Lemonade

1 cup Lemon juice
1 cup sugar
7 cups water

Mix all ingredients together. Serve chilled and/or over ice. Makes 2 quarts.


No comments:

AddThis Suggested Content