Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Guess what I found at a thrift store. Oh, just a way cute chair for my little Lady's bedroom! It's even a bit shorter than most chairs so my little Lady's legs will fit just right for quite a while. This is how it started. Brown. And really upholstered. UPHOLSTERED?!? After I primed and painted the thing white (and taped off the real upholstered -beige-bluh- seat), then I said, "I have no clue how to take off the springs and burlap wrap underneath this very comfy cushion." What do you do when you have no clue? You staple and glue! B actually had the idea, good for him. I stapled the new fabric right over the top of the old by tucking in the new fabric as I stapled so I had a clean edge. The corners were tough. But B helped me muscle our way around them. I had to buy gimp to edge it. I had some pom pom fringe that would've been fun, but would've been pulled off too easily. I tried using different kinds of glue to hold the gimp down. Nothing grabbed fast enough. So, I ended up with the trusty hot glue gun. I know I left some skin under that edging, and it's not the most permanent thing to hold down the gimp. But, it will work if no one starts pulling on it. Let's hope, anyway. Here she is. Finished and ready for the ball.