Friday, February 5, 2010

Singing Time Face

Primary chorister idea:
I heard about "Singing Sam" which is a face on a poster and it's mouth can get bigger and smaller. I would make it bigger for the primary children to sing louder and smaller to sing softer. Or make the mouth get bigger as the children sing better and better. My poster isn't "Singing Sam" because the face closely resembles the Bishop in our ward. So I call him the "Father of our Ward." I use this poster when we talk about families, the ward Family, Father's Day or if we need a boost in morale. The primary children love making the "Bishop" open his mouth wider and wider. It really does make them sing better.

This is how I made it:
-Draw the face on big sketchbook paper then trace the mouth on another piece of paper and elongate his mouth, making sure that the very top (where the top lip would be) is at least an inch wider than the rest of the mouth. This will make it stop when you move it down.
-Color, cut and mount the original face onto a poster board. (This would have been easier if I had use a white poster board and just drawn the face directly on it.)
-Used an exacto-knife and slit the mouth right on the line.
-Color, cut and mount the elongated mouth onto another piece of poster board or sturdy paper.
-Attach bamboo skewers to the back of the mouth for easier moving. (I used two that stuck up in the back so I could grab on easier. You don't have to do this, but it made the mouth lay flatter when it was fully extended.)
-From the back side of the poster slide the mouth into the slit that you cut with the exacto-knife. Because you made the mouth wider at the top it should stop when his mouth is all the way open.




No comments:

AddThis Suggested Content